[gst-devel] extern "C"

Murray.Cumming at Comneon.com Murray.Cumming at Comneon.com
Fri Jul 18 09:49:02 CEST 2003

> From: Benjamin Otte [mailto:in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de]
> I would prefer if we put the G_BEGIN_DECLS / G_END_DECLS only into
> gst/gst.h and remove it from all other headers. Or should any
> plugin/app
> only include some of the headers?

No, language bindings (and some applications) will include the minumum
necessary headers. For instance, the C++ bindings will try not to include
any gstreamer C headers from their C++ headers.

> That way we don't have to remember it for new headers that get added.

It's quite normal for every C header to have this extern C stuff. If you
don't remember someone will tell you.

Thanks.

Murray Cumming
murrayc at usa.net