[gst-devel] gst-plugins configure annoyances

Brian Cameron Brian.Cameron at sun.com
Mon Jul 28 04:08:01 CEST 2003

Thomas:

> I put in a fix for gstgdkpixbuf, please check if it now fails compiling
> in this case.

Yes, the check fails.  This is because we only check for GTK+ 2.0 as
follows:

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTK2, gtk+-2.0, HAVE_GTK=yes, HAVE_GTK=no)

The gstgdkpixbuf check is as follows,  not it only requires GTK+ 2.0:

dnl *** GDK pixbuf ***
translit(dnm, m, l) AM_CONDITIONAL(USE_GDK_PIXBUF, true)
GST_CHECK_FEATURE(GDK_PIXBUF, [GDK pixbuf], gdkpixbufsrc, [
  if test $HAVE_GTK = "yes"; then HAVE_GDK_PIXBUF=yes; fi;
])

Unfortunately, the gstgdkpixbuf module requires GTK+ 2.2, since it
makes use of GdkPixbufFormat.  This structure was added in GTK+2.2,
see here:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-Module-Interface.ht
ml#GdkPixbufFormat

Note the "Since 2.2" where the GdkPixbufFormat structure is defined.

> Pango is more of a problem; freetype-config --version gives me the
> libtool version (9.3.3), not the package version (2.1.3).  Anyone have
> suggestsions on how to detect ?

Note that include/freetype2/freetype.h has the macros FREETYPE_MAJOR,
FREETYPE_MINOR, and FREETYPE_PATCH.  grepping this file for these
values and checking them should do the trick.

Brian