[gst-devel] Is there use of encryption in gstreamer?

Brian Cameron Brian.Cameron at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 28 08:27:06 CEST 2003

Sun is going through the process of determing export control issues
regarding gstreamer.  I would like to know if there are any places
within the gstreamer core, gst-plugins, gst-editor, or gst-player
where encryption is used in any way.

Based on conversations I have had on the gstreamer IRC channel, I
understand that the planned rtp (real time protocol) plugin will
likely support encryption.  I was told that this future rdp plugin
will be an enhancement of the current udp/tcp plugin.

Anyway, aside from that, are there any other places within gstreamer,
gst-plugins, gst-editor, or gst-player where encryption is used?

Thanks much!

Brian