[gst-devel] Problem connecting to ffmpeg encoders

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jun 2 22:24:01 CEST 2003

Hey Sebastien,

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 05:46, Sebastien Cote wrote:
> I'd like to help out but I'm not sure where to start (I'm new to gstreamer).
> Should all the mimetypes of the encoders included in the ffmpeg plugin be listed
> in the sink template or should the capabilities be created dynamically?

I'm fixing them right now, just wait a few days and they'll work. :).

> I'll have to look a bit more at the code of the ffmpeg plugin to better
> understand how it works, but any tips would be appreciated.

Looking at some of the plugins that *do* work is usually a good idea.
For ffmpeg, this is extra hard, since the plugin registers multiple
features, so one template isn't all you need. ffmpegdec is quite a good
example of how to handle that, though it only implements some features,
not all.

Anyway, just be patient for a few days if you want, I'll try to finish
this off in the next few days.

Ronald