[gst-devel] plugins cleanup

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jun 24 03:39:06 CEST 2003

On 23 Jun 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> For the mjpegtools-plugins specifically, the problem is that we
> basically wrap some code that is the same as jpegdec/jpegenc, except
> that it actually links against a MMX'ified libjpeg. I'd rather link
> against the MMX'ified libjpeg directly.

That is your territory, do what you like :)

> As for xmms, avifile, openquicktime, mono2stereo+rev, int2float+rev,
> vgavideosink, aviaudioencoder, videosink, can I remove these? Keep in
> mind that the code will stay there in CVS, it just won't show up in your
> latest checkout.

Yes, please remove them.

> As for monkeyaudio (I said monkeymedia, that was a typo), I'll keep it
> around a while longer, but we seriously need to fix the licensing stuff
> there, and move the actual lib to gst-libs/ext/. All code in our CVS of
> gst-plugins is supposed to be LGPL.

I'm highly favoured towards removing it _right now_ and put it back in
once the licensing issues are resolved.
I'll make sure it gets removed before our first 0.7 release anyway, if it
isn't solved.
And I think it's pretty sure right now that the monkeyaudio author is not
gonna answer anymore.

Benjamin