[gst-devel] thread problem

YuRiX yurix at firenze.linux.it
Thu Jun 26 01:49:11 CEST 2003

Il mer, 2003-06-25 alle 22:52, Thomas Vander Stichele ha scritto:
> Hi Yurix,
>

> On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 21:13, YuRiX wrote:
> > hi *,
> > this is my first message to this list.
> > my dear gurus, i've this problem : i 've just followed the manual to
> > write a stupid program saving an audio stream from the internet,
> > splitting each song in a file. the first release works prettly, but
> > when i've try to implement this functionality in multithreading fashion,
> > i get out this message:
> > (process:2325): GStreamer-WARNING **: bin "bin" is not the managing bin,
> > can't be iterated on!
>
> you probably did gst_bin_new, and you should do gst_pipeline_new
> instead.  A pipeline is a bin with a scheduler attached to it so it can
> be iterated.
so, you are suggesting me to use a pipeline object as container for the
thread,arent'you?

> > this message appears also running the example code in chap 15 of the
> > manual.
>
> Can you give me an exact link to the online manual so I can fix this ?

http://www.gstreamer.net/docs/manual/ch15.html

the example code uses a bin containg a thread and a few others
gstelements...as you can see.
> Thanks !

you are allowed to send me some money :-)))
> Thomas
bye yurix

--
YuRiX <yurix at firenze.linux.it>