[gst-devel] Application Development Manual and xvideosink module

Yann Klis yklis at kaliasys.com
Thu Jun 26 05:34:11 CEST 2003

Hi All,

In the Application Development Manual, there is no mention about how to handle
output on xwindow using xvideosink. I guess that it's because gstreamer
doesn't depend on any X toolkit, but is there any how-to on developping a
gnome app using gstreamer ? I mean, where can I find any information about how
to put the output of xvideosink in a gtk window for example ?
I'm not an experienced developper, but I briefly fly over totem code and maybe
the files gstvideowidget.c and bacon-video-widget.c are designed to handle
this kind of problem. Are they designed to be re-usable in another
gstreamer/gnome app ? Does such a library which ease developping gstreamer
gnome app exist already ?

If someone could point me in the right direction... :)

Thx

yk