[gst-devel] audio/raw float caps format

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Jun 27 07:39:02 CEST 2003

Hey Benjamin,

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 12:42, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> And apart from that I hate using glib type names to describe formats. Same
> goes for float audio, I'd prefer a width parameter to a "gfloat"/"gdouble"
> distinction.
> And btw, if there are endianness issues with floats, we need to do
> endianness there, too.

Interesting point, but as you know, floats aren't as simple as ints. But
I do agree that our current way of describing them is suboptimal, too.
If someone has better ideas (maybe width *is* a good idea, don't know,
I'm not an audio expert), please let me know. :). Now is the time for
such changes.

Ronald