[gst-devel] filesrc rewind

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri Mar 7 01:56:07 CET 2003

hey list,

this is my first post.  I was on the list in 2001 and am now just getting
back into it.  have to say, gstreamer has really come a long way.  Spent
yesterday having fun playing with the demos and examples - after one day
gstreamer seems very clear and well-designed .  As a beginner/intermediate
programmer, I am able to snap on to it rather quickly.  bravo and
congrats on the hard work!

just curious, how would one "rewind" a filesrc?  or, for that matter, how
would one re-open the "location" part to play something else?

I want to simple change the file in a filesrc or in the case of a loop,
just rewind.

I try with such things :
	gst_element_set( element,"location", "/home/blah/file.mp3",NULL);
	gst_element_set_state(GST_ELEMENT(element), GST_STATE_PLAYING);

does one have to unlink, destroy, recreate and relink
to do this?

thanks - august.