[gst-devel] D-BUS based multimedia server

Owen Fraser-Green owen at discobabe.net
Wed Mar 12 02:02:06 CET 2003

Hi,

Actually, what I didn't make clear in my last diagram was that I didn't
really intend using D-BUS to transport media streams but

1) as a mechanism for the applications to instruct the server to set up the
   pipelines it wants
2) as a means for the application to get events such as EOS back from the
   server
3) in the networked use case, as a means for the two servers to exchange
   events etc.

What I didn't add to the diagram was that I envisioned the two servers
exchanging streams using RTP-src/sinks or some such. They would talk to each
other accross the D-BUS to negotiate setting up the RTP pipes.