[gst-devel] 0.6.1 changes so far, and how to proceed

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Mon Mar 31 12:41:02 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 22:29, Erik Walthinsen wrote:
> To help the process along, I did a diff between 0.6.0 and 0.6 branch,
> here's what I've found:
>
> 1) docs/manual/connected-elements.fig and docs/manual/connections.xml
> apparently have been added (no HOTTESTPICK tag)
>
> 2) gst/gstatomic_impl.h: SPARC has been disabled
>
> 3) gst/gstatomic_impl.h:gst_atomc_int_dec_and_test: BUGFIX - increment set
> to 1 instaed of val, where val doesn't actually exist in that scope
>
> 4) gst/gstelment.h: half-dozen indentation fixes
>
> 5) gst/gstscheduler.c: default scheduler changed from basicomega to opt
>
> 6) gst/gsturi.c: some logic change in the search routine, must be
> confirmed to be correct, looks from the diff like the old one was broken
>
> 7) gst/gsturi.h: API CHANGE!: prototype for gst_uri_handler_destroy
> removed
>
> That's it so far.  Each of those need to be confirmed as valid changes,
> especially #6 and #7, and then we can proceed.

4) no problem there, just cosmetic changes.

6) the search rouine was wrong, the one I just checked in is correct.

7) The destroy function was not implemented in the .c file (and won't
   be) better a compile error than a link error IMO.

1) 2) 3) 5) didn't go there yet

Wim

Wim Taymans <wim.taymans at chello.be>