[gst-devel] divxenc testing

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Tue May 6 21:20:17 CEST 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:15:19PM +0200, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 13:46, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > Making xvid caps work seems like such a small project that
> > i can try to do it myself.  Is anyone working on this or
> > shall i give it a try?
>
> go ahead! We'll be happy to apply your patches.
>
> I should have done it, but I'm personally more in favour of fixing caps
> elsewhere than to break the caps of divxenc/xvidenc to fit the other
> broken capses. ;-).

Er ..

> Anyway, more on that later - I should finish the guadec papers first.

Before i write a bunch of code that we have to throw away in a few
months, can you give me some clue what the "correct" solution
should look like?

(i'm trying to find you on IRC but you're not there at the moment.)

i took a quick look at xvidenc & avimux this morning.  It looks like
avimux only needs a handful of caps (less than 10).  Should i just
add another branch in avimux to read the caps from xvid?  Or should
i harmonize the caps across the upstream elements (change xvid
to match v4l or somesuch)?

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org