subclassing (was: Re: [gst-devel] subtitle elements)

Ronald Bultje R.S.Bultje at pharm.uu.nl
Fri May 16 13:11:04 CEST 2003

Hey Thomas,

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 12:26, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> What would be VERY nice though is that someone actually implements
> subclassing somewhere somehow to show us how it's supposed to be done
> (preferably on another element :)).  It's nice that everybody always
> says "we should subclass" but it would be better if we had a concrete
> example we could discuss.

I'm intending to do this for the v4l*src elements (VideoDeviceSrc).
Maybe also for the v4l*sink elements (VideoDeviceSink).

And I hope Benjamin is willing to help me in making the same possible
for audio device outputs (including sound servers), so AudioSink ->
osssink/alsasink/esdsink/massink/jacksink/... and AudioSrc ->
osssrc/alsasrc/esdsrc/....

All planned for 0.7.x.

Ronald