[gst-devel] TTS over GStreamer framework?

Kang Jeong-Hee Keizi at mail.co.kr
Sat May 17 14:26:08 CEST 2003

Hi.

I've been interested in Text To Speech for a long time,
thou I merely don't know about that of theorical basement :P

Almost every TTS that I've seen ever has built sound fonts
for each vowels and consonants, and call them for corresponing character.

I suppose voice-src-at-runtime is muchly simple.
and relating parts of body such as throat, oral, lip, nose
made as a module that simulate effect from real body.

then, [ voicesrc sex=female ! throat style=husky ! tongue vibration ! lipsink ]
pipeline to pop a sound at given Hz, and each module change the wave of sound,
and finally lipsink put a final sound of voice.

What about this? Is this cool, and worth to challenge?
If TRUE, what is the best way to make those modules
when I don't know almost nothing core inside of GStreamer plugin system?

regard,
kz.