[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dolphy gst-player: gst-player/ gst-player/libs/gst/player/

Ronald Bultje R.S.Bultje at pharm.uu.nl
Wed May 21 04:19:05 CEST 2003

Hey Bastien,

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 13:02, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to have the v4l:// url choose which of v4lsrc and
> v4l2src to use?

We;ve actually discussed that a year ago or so. Then, we concluded one
plugin should have one function. In order to autodetect, someone (me?)
would have to write a vidsrc plugin that autodetects which video source
to use (v4l2src, v4lsrc, v4lmjpegsrc, bktrsrc (*), ...).

Same would (probably) go for audsrc (osssrc, alsasrc, ...) and audsink
(alsasink, osssink, esdsink, massink, jacksink, ...).

Ronald

(*) BSD capture interface, plugin doesn't exist - it's planned