[gst-devel] libtool requirement for plugins

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu May 22 13:39:04 CEST 2003

Hi people,

I'm about to upgrade the libtool requirement of the plugins to 1.5.
I'm fully aware that neither Debain unstable nor Redhat 9 ship 1.5, but it
is needed.
The reason for this:
Libtool prior to 1.5 used CC for doing the linking not caring if it was a
C++ program/lib. Monkeymedia and Modplug however require a linked in
libstdc++ if you compile with C++. But Forte barfs in that case because it
doesn't know about that lib.
So my choices were messing around with Makefiles and maybe even
configure.ac or updating the libtool requirement. (remember: it's a cvs
HEAD requirement for devs only, tarballs are not affected.)
I decided for the cleaner way.

Benjamin