[gst-devel] gst-player install

Gib Bogle bogle at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 23 18:43:03 CEST 2003

I am encountering frustration in trying to install gst-player.0.5.1

I'm new to gstreamer, so the problems I'm finding might be easily fixed
if you know what you're doing.

I downloaded gstreamer-0.6.1.tar.gz, gst-plugins-0.6.0.tar.gz and
gst-player-0.5.1.tar.gz from sourceforge.  As far as I can tell, these
are the latest versions.

I built gstreamer and gst-plugins without problems.  When I run
./configure for gst-player I get the following error:

Package gstreamer-play-0.7 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-play-0.7.pc'
No package 'gstreamer-play-0.7' found
Package gstreamer-gconf-0.6 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-gconf-0.6.pc'
No package 'gstreamer-gconf-0.6' found
configure: error: you need gstreamer development packages installed !

Am I missing something, or is there an error in the installation script?
  My system is Debian stable (woody).

thanks
Gib