[gst-devel] alsa plugin changes (tarball link)

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Tue Nov 4 06:52:09 CET 2003

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 08:25, Leif Johnson wrote:
> > In anticipation of implementing the mixer interface in the ALSA
> > elements, I've split Benjamin's l33t-coded gstalsa.c and gstalsa.h files
> > into several different sources, more or less like the OSS element files.
>
> Sweet! This is one of these things that I'd never do (I don't do ALSA ;)
> ) but that was definately needed for readability. Thanks for doing this!

Quite welcome ; it's been on my todo list for quite some time, like
helping out with the PWG. : )

> Now, since you're asking for comments, I'd like to make one. GstAlsa
> contains pads, which seems illogical, since only source and sink
> elements can contain pads. I might want to create a mixer element (like
> 'ossmixer') which is padless. Can the pads be moved to the childs
> (GstAlsaSrc/GstAlsaSink)?

Doesn't seem too complex ... I might insert a subclass between GstAlsa
and GstAlsa{Sink|Src} for containing the pads, since
GstAlsaMidi{Sink|Src} could have pads, too. Don't want code duplication.

leif

--
Leif Morgan Johnson : http://ambient.2y.net/leif/