[gst-devel] scale-renegotiation

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Nov 7 13:20:33 CET 2003

Hi Dave,

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 20:49, David Schleef wrote:
> This is silly.  Just call gst_pad_try_set_caps() with the new size.
> If the new caps negotiation succeeds, good, you will now be getting
> a stream with the new size.  (If it fails, I think you need to recall
> gst_pad_try_set_caps() with the old size.)

You didn't read the rest of my post...

-
A better way to do this would be to redo capsnego directly with a
chained caps from the ximagesink plugin: it sends back a chained caps
where the first one is the caps with the new size (wanted), and the
second is the current one. Problem here is - currently - that this will
only work if the videoscale plugin is directly connected to ximagesink.
If there's plugins in between, e.g. a fps-changer, it won't work. If
someone knows of a way to fix this: I prefer this method. ;).
-

In other words: won't work. Please make it work and I'll happily use
this.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer