[gst-devel] alsa and plugin categories

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Wed Nov 12 06:53:10 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 14:18, Jan Schmidt wrote:

> Here's what I see:
>
> gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location="tori amos - Cornflake Girl orginal.mp3"
> ! mad ! alsasink
> RUNNING pipeline
> gst-launch-0.7: pcm_plug.c:882: snd_pcm_plug_hw_params: Assertion `err
> >= 0' failed.
> Aborted
>
> The same thing if I use mmap=false

I had this too, but I had managed to fix it, but gstalsa.c has changed
so much since then the patch I have ends up undoing all the recent
changes. I'll take a look at moving it to the newer stuff again.

It didn't really do anything much, cos filesrc ! mad ! alsasink then has
the problem where caps never get set and the alsasink_loop function just
runs forever.

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"