[gst-devel] How do I install a mp3 decoder?

Hakon Gunsen hakon_ at everyday.com
Thu Nov 13 08:44:26 CET 2003

Hello!
I use RedHat Fedora Core 1 which has no built in mp3 support.
Now I wonder how I can add this manually? I looked at the plugin page and it only mentioned the mad decoder. It's not possible to use ffmpeg libavcodec?
Anyway, how do I install such a plugin for Gstreamer. I couldn't find good documentation for this. I'd prefer to compile sources, without having to rebuild the Gstreamer that comes with Fedora Core.
It's not just to compile and make install the libmad? Because I tried that, it didn't work.

Thanks,
Hakon Gunsen