[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] rbultje gst-record: gst-record/ gst-record/data/ gst-record/po/ gst-record/src/

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Fri Nov 14 01:19:06 CET 2003

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003, gstreamer-cvs-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Log message:
> Add UI GObject property widget: pretty much like gst-editor's, except
> that this one is faster, smaller, doesn't use >10 widgets per property
> and it's style is more gstrec'ish. I'm considering backporting the
> widget-loading-part to gst-editor, since it is much more elegant and
> doesn't break/change anything UI-wise.

I haven't looked at the widget yet, my http proxy doesn't appear to be
working right now. I don't use the editor widgets any more in other
apps, although they first came from beatbox (a defunct project). So if
it's better, go right ahead.

One thing though: the editor widgets are threadsafe. If yours are also
threadsafe, then by all means replace things (and do the Right Thing and
have gst-rec depend on libgstelementui :). But if not, threadsafe
property View/Controllers are handy to have around, regardless of the
threadsafety status of gst-editor (can't recall at the moment).

regards,

wingo.