[gst-devel] Patch: add xid property to xvideosink

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Nov 18 14:55:07 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 20:00, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 19:02, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > At the very least, we should somehow support property setting on an
> > object.  Whether or not internally it uses interfaces to do so is
> > another point.
>
> Only for properties that are actually user-settable things. XID is a
> programmatic thing. Showing it to the user is as stupid as asking the
> user for its processor serial number when booting the computer. The user
> shouldn't see it. Not even via a property.

that's bull :-) developers use gst too.  We want to make sure gst-editor
works well as an educational tool as well as a development tool.  If you
can't set it from there, something is wrong.  properties are a good
generic way to do this, however way they are implemented.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
You know well
Just never tell