[gst-devel] Patch: add xid property to xvideosink

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Nov 19 02:01:08 CET 2003

Hi,

Julien is right, just one minor addition:

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 10:36, Julien MOUTTE wrote:
> I would even add that the root window's XID is changing. So i agree with
> ronald here.. You can't know the xid of the window you want to draw the
> video in from an xml file..

Well, you can, if you use XML for inter-process communication
(SOAP-style). I wouldn't recommend adjusting our default XML document
layout to that, it just doesn't make any sense; we don't do that for
gst-editor either. However, as I said earlier, you can manually add
extra fields to XML files (gst-editor does that), and this is how you
could put the XID in the XML file. I'd recommend using this.

But by default, it shouldn't be there. As you say, it doesn't belong
there. I'm not adding the pointer address to my malloc()'ed buffer
resource in XML files either, for exactly the same reason.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer