[gst-devel] 2 things

in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Nov 25 06:57:06 CET 2003

2 things I've noticed that probably are important for you coders. The
important one first:

1) GST_DEBUG ("cpas: %s", gst_caps_to_string (some_caps)); as used in the code
very often is a memory leak. The string returned by gst_caps_to_string must be
freed after use.
If that continues I think it should be renamed it to gst_caps_copy_to_string
(caps) or even use gst_caps_to_string (some_caps, &string) to get around you
accidentally not freeing the string.

2) Caps provided to a link function are currently not checked against the caps
returned by the get_caps function. So make sure to check that they are
correct. ximagesink did not check that.

Benjamin