[gst-devel] python bindings

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Oct 4 06:41:04 CEST 2003

Hey,

I dug in and added an Element () constructor so that
a) source = Element ("fakesrc", "mysource") works
b) source = Element ("nogoodname", "badelement") triggers a RuntimeError

I also put in a testsuite dir to test bindings functionality as well, as
a regression check.

Python heads (Dave, Leif, others ?), could you check if I did the right
thing, and if I should get started on fixing other things as I go ?

I've also been told by the gnome python bindings people that it's not
good to autogenerate gstreamer.defs by hand.  What do you think ?
Maybe we should have a gstreamer-auto.defs that we regularly remake to
check for new functions to wrap, but keep gstreamer.defs in CVS.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
I won't leave you
all you have is that spell