[gst-devel] STABLE: almost release-ready except for spider and mpeg2dec

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Oct 6 01:09:05 CEST 2003

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 22:58, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> This one is a bug where spider fails on files < 150 KB.  Ronald, you
> submitted a patch for it, and it makes it slightly better, but still
> does not work.  Could you let me know if you think you could definately
> fix it, or should we postpone ?

I'm currently working on rebuilding my whole 0.6.x tree so I can make a
proper fix. I've made it a blocker because it really *is* a blocker. For
4kB, it doesn't matter, but 150kB mp3s or oggs are fairly normal, and
they should just work.

Anyway, "working on it", I'll let you know when I've got a fix.

> Ronald, I think you said on IRC you were going to make an attempt at
> this.

I've tried, simply by looking at how mplayer, xine & co do it, but their
code is incomprehensible and their CVS log didn't help at all (i.e., it
didn't show anything obvious). I guess we'll have to ask Walken.

I'm looking into this too, but I'm currently quite clueless.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer