[gst-devel] 0.8 in 2.6 ?

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Sun Oct 12 02:56:05 CEST 2003

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003, David Schleef wrote:

> Yes.  I don't think we ever intended to go so long with 0.6.  IMO,
> I think that shows how well 0.6 has held up.

YAAY US! US! US! US!

Sorry, I was just at a merit awards ceremony for my students -- I'm big
on positivity right now ;)

> We need a general API cleanup.  In particular, all the dust corners
> of the language bindings should be checked so that we can make ABI
> ABI-incompatible changes sooner.

Um, I look in gst-guile's gstreamer-support.h and I see functions like:

GList*          gst_element_class_get_pad_templates (GstElementClass *klass);

GType           gst_element_factory_get_element_type (GstElementFactory *factory);
guint16         gst_element_factory_get_rank (GstElementFactory *factory);
GList*          gst_element_factory_get_pad_templates (GstElementFactory *factory);

GList*          gst_props_get_list (GstProps *props);

These things just deal with gstreamer types, they're not custom
wrappings. Should they (and any others like them) be added to HEAD?
Typically these functions are in the category of "things that you can
access with macros or struct fields but not with functions". Do we want
functions for these? What kinds of dust corners are you thinking about?

Regards,

wingo.