[gst-devel] fun with loop based elements

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Mon Oct 27 05:59:03 CET 2003

Hi Iain,

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, iain wrote:

> The problem is that the caps on mad cannot be fixed until mad has read
> the mp3 header and it can't read that data until it gets a pull on its
> src pad. And it can't get a pull on its source pad until it is connected
> to alsasink:sink. And it can't get connected until it has fixed caps.

That may be the case now, but it wasn't the case before. Before you could link
the pads and pull from the pads even if capsnego was delayed.I can't check the
situation at the moment; I think a deviation from this behavior would be a bug.

Then after the first pull if capsnego wasn't performed already, you have an
obligation to check for it.

I'll check this out when I get home.

Regards,

wingo.