[gst-devel] Re: xoverlay interface in xvideosink/sdlvideosink

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Oct 28 03:05:15 CET 2003

Hi Julien,

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 11:46, Julien MOUTTE wrote:
> Why does Xvideosink creates another window inside the one you pass ?

Good question. I didn't try without yet. I simply copied all existing
code "as is". If wanted, I can try without. The current idea (of my
code, not of you or anyone else) is to have everyone "own" its own
window. For X, creating an extra window doesn't cost much, so it doesn't
matter...

> This interface is not implementing any signal are we totally getting rid
> of the have_size thing ? and frame_displayed ? or do you still rely on
> the GstVideoSink upper class ?

I rely on GstVideoSink. I'm not sure whether we want to keep it that way
(now that we use interfaces, it seems rather useless), but I didn't
revert anything yet.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer