[gst-devel] Re: GStreamer CVS move ?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Sep 2 10:25:05 CEST 2003

I'll restate the current situation on that topic.

a) I have an account on canvas now from which I could sync gstreamer cvs
mirror-wise, if anyone knows of a good tool/script/... to keep this tree
nicely in sync please point it at me, I'm not in the mood to write such
a script myself and I haven't found anything sufficient yet.

b) as for a *real* move of GStreamer to GNOME, here's what we'd like:
- ssh-based access, like on sf (for practicality reasons)
- non-lagging anonymous access (for practicality reasons)
- cvs.gstreamer.org pointing to cvs.gnome.org, with a different cvsroot
(say /cvs/gstreamer) (for political reasons)
- transfer of our current developer base to the new repository

A good alternative might be "being hosted on freedesktop" if there is a
possibility for that (though I seem to remember freedesktop is basically
hosted by codefactory ?)

This list of items is basically my personal list, though most of it
comes from lengthy discussions with the other GStreamer developers, and
I'm sure they'll chip in if I forgot something :)

So if you or others want GStreamer moved, this is the list of items to
get work done on, and helping with any of them will surely speed up the
process.

Thanks for bringing it up,
Thomas