[gst-devel] gst-player instability

Colin Fox cfox at cfconsulting.ca
Sun Sep 21 18:38:03 CEST 2003

Hi, all.

I'm interested in doing some development with the gstreamer libraries,
but it seems that my setup is incredibly unstable.

I'm using Gentoo, and I've got my system updated to the latest libraries
(gstreamer 0.6.3, gst-player 0.6.0, gst-plugins-xvideo 0.6.3,
gst-plugins 0.6.3, gst-editor 0.5.0)

Trying to use gst-player is an exercise in frustration. It crashes
repeatedly on small mpeg files, etc. etc. Is this to be expected at this
point, or is the system supposed to be more stable than this?

I'd also like to help debug the system, but I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks,
  cf
--
Colin Fox <cfox at cfconsulting.ca>