[gst-devel] gst-player instability

in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Sep 23 08:29:23 CEST 2003

Well, gst-player never was a shining example of stability (to put it this
way :)). But it normally works quite nicely for the occasions where I watch a
little AVI or MPEG or listen to some mp3 or mod. I'd probably share the guilt
between Gentoo and gst-player.
But gst-player is definately not supposed to crash ever.

And if you'd want to help debugging, I guess the normal way applies: Running
inside gdb, reproducing the error, and looking at code. And then find and fix
the bug and send a patch or file a bug report in bugzilla.