[gst-devel] a good GStreamer design issue question

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Sep 30 06:18:06 CEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:

> Could you file a bug about clocking needing (a rewrite to allow) timebased
> callbacks? Or do we already have something like that?

Does everything need a rewrite? ;)

We already have gst_clock_id_wait_async. Here's an example from
gst-guile.

  (gst-clock-id-wait-async
   (new-single-shot-id (get-clock osssink) 5000000000)
   (lambda (time) (format #t "OSS clock has passed five seconds --  current time ~A\n"
                          time) #t))

Only GstAudioClock actually implements this now, as I mentioned before.

Regards,

wingo.