[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] wingo gstreamer: gstreamer/gst/elements/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Sep 30 07:48:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 16:25, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
> I like the approach. In theory you shouldn't require seeking support anyway.
> (As it can change anyway in our threaded system, because someone could replug
> after you queried, but before you push.
> Can you explain to me how AVI works (possibly on IRC) to see if we can find a
> way around the requirement to know if this is supported?

It's for ASF. :). There's two ways of doing ASF: streaming and local.
Local has the advantage that you can seek in the written file et all.
Streaming has the advantage that you can stream it to internet et all.
The ASF format is slightly different in both cases, check for
gst_asfmux_can_seek() in the asfmux element. That part is broken right
now...

Either way, I'll be on IRC tonight (8.30PM or so). :).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer