[gst-devel] Results from some quick tests of Totem

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Fri Apr 2 05:14:08 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 19:57, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> I consider opt a broken dead end.

For the record, I don't.

>  opt does things that the current
> GStreamer model should not allow - namely taking ownership of buffers.

Explain why this is wrong.

> Another thing that most likely not work with opt is removing elements from
> a playing pipeline (or a paused one).

Why don't you try it? Perhaps you should go and look at the email I sent
about a month ago regarding the event spawner. Elements added and
removed, linked and unlinked, all when the pipeline is PLAYING. Try that
in basic*.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo <wingo at pobox.com>