[gst-devel] Undefined symbols

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmmv at menta.net
Tue Apr 6 03:35:20 CEST 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:32:18 -0700
David Schleef <ds at schleef.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:37:32PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
> > If so, I've prepared a simple testcase that tries to simulate
> > this behavior (w/o using any of the gst/glib code, just plain calls to
> > dlopen and other functions).  You can find it here (less than 1kb):
> >
> > 	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmmv/plugins-tc.tar.gz
> >
> > This fails under NetBSD, as seen below:
>
> It also fails under Linux.  Patch below.  I'm not entirely certain
> how to interpret the POSIX spec in this case.

Grr, stupid last-minute typos... (but well, aside from them you get the
idea).

So... thank you very much!  I was missing the RTLD_GLOBAL flag.  Now, I just
have to check why it's not (probably) beeing used by gstreamer (because the
test case, with these fixes, works).

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv at menta.net>