[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] company gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/ext/mad/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Apr 7 02:29:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Log message:
> * ext/mad/gstmad.c: (normal_seek):
> fix GST_FORMAT_TIME usage
> -  GST_DEBUG ("seek to time " GST_TIME_FORMAT, GST_TIME_ARGS (src_offset));
> +  GST_DEBUG ("seek to time %" GST_TIME_FORMAT, GST_TIME_ARGS (src_offset));

Why was this change done ? The log for gstinfo.h says "consistency".
But with what ? The only comparable things I see are GST_PTR_FORMAT and
GST_FOURCC_FORMAT.

I can somewhat understand shaving off the % for the first, because it
has a single argument, but I find it very inconsistent for multiple
argument formats.  In any case, between three uses of _FORMAT macros,
this change makes it as inconsistent as before.

Thomas

And redemption will pour and crashes to the floor
And a million cold thoughts won't stop you feeling warm
Because the love that you bring conquers all these things