[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/ext/mad/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Apr 7 09:47:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Log message:
> do not change caps in middle of stream except on new streams
> fixes #139382

That is legal, the patch is wrong. Like I said before on bugzilla or IRC
(forgot...), we need to resync only after having met at least several
valid mpeg audio frame headers in a row, just like in the typefind
function.

Please keep the bug open. This patch might actually be a nice quickfix
(since most mpeg audio streams don't change properties halfway the
stream), but it is still wrong and should eventually be replaced with the
right fix.

Thanks,
Ronald