[gst-devel] buglet

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Apr 14 20:17:15 CEST 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 09:44:08PM +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after Dave's modifications to the cpuid code, gst-register-0.8 fails to
> run (after a make clean && make):
>
> So... Interesting crash. How do I fix this?

This is a case of gcc-3.2 generating incorrect code, whereas my
compiler (gcc-3.3) generates good code.  Specifically, the inline
asm tells the compiler to clobber a register, which gcc-3.2 (and
gcc-2.95) ignores.  Anyway, I'm currently commiting a workaround.

Yet another good reason to remove asm code from the core.

dave...