[gst-devel] CVS/local out-of-sync & gst-indent

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Apr 28 02:24:06 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 10:47, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> > This is *extremely* bad, I end up doing a lot of double work because of
> > this. Please someone fix it immediately, either by immediately removing
> > the gst-indent from the server checkin action or by providing a script
> > that indents all committed .c files on checkin (ideally integrated in
> > Dave's "cicl" script that I've been happily using for a few weeks now,
> > thanks for that btw!).
>
> I'm also in favor of disabling it, I've just been waiting for something
> like this to happen. But it's really thomas call.

Heh, that explains why you didn't continue on the emacs lines :) But
seriously, any change in methodology can cause problems.  That doesn't
mean the change was bad (I very much like the uniformity of code we now
have when going through various parts of the source, fixing things), it
just means we're learning new stuff as we do them.

Especially in this case, it's easily fixable.  It just took someone to
notice to spark the fixing.

Thomas

I could do so much harm
I could do you no good
I'll leave a stain in your heart I would