[gst-devel] Native Win32 build of GStreamer 0.8.1

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Apr 30 06:26:19 CEST 2004

Julien Laffray wrote:
> Hello,

Hi, (french ?)

> I am curious about that win32 port of Gstreamer. I have been trying several times to port it without any actual success, and i was wondering what you did to get it to work.
> Have you already created some audio and video plugin to use it effectively on the win32 platform ?

No, right now it's only "building". That means the software can be
compiled and only GStreamer so far. The next step will be to compile
some gst-plugins stuff. Both from command-line and VS.Net 2003. I really
doubt it will be possible to playback/capture in Windows with GStreamer
soon, conversion and misc processes that don't require hardware should
be possible... Also in CVS it is already possible to build GStreamer
using msys/mingw.

The changes were just fixing some compiler incompatibilities. Not much
code has been rewritten for the port.