[gst-devel] Some thoughts

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Apr 30 07:21:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, [iso-8859-1] Jérémy Simon wrote:
>   _ There was some discussions on irc/gst-devel about demuxer that needs a
> rewrite : qtdemux, asfdemux. Why not switch to the ffmpeg demuxer for
> this type of file until the rewrite is done ? If we can put extradata to
> caps, I think that we won't need to patch ffmpeg. Qt and Asf ffmpeg
> demuxer support seek events too.

The quicktime demuxer is one of the demuxers that I couldn't get to work
in ffmpeg. AVI, MPEG and some others work fine, though. I guess my wrapper
is doing something odd (well, it's one big hack, but ohwell).

>   _ I would like to add replaygain support to gst (the volume adjustment
> part). What is the best solution :
>     -> Add a new plugin
>     -> Add the gain code to the volume plugin with a property to
> enable/disable it
>     -> A subclass of the volume plugin maybe ?
>     -> Not a GStreamer problem : the application should do the volume
> adjustment.

Subclass of volume would be doable, but you probably want to change volume
a bit too then so that you share the maximum amount of code possible.

Ronald