[gst-devel] CVS/local out-of-sync & gst-indent

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Apr 30 11:05:02 CEST 2004

Hi,
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > This script has been in CVS since the day we did indenting.
> > gstreamer/tools/gst-indent.
>
> I know, and I end up indenting loads of stuff, *manually*. That's not
> right.

I experimented a little.  The basic scenario causing this is this:

- A changes foo.c
- A commits
- server runs gst-indent, after moving rev nr from 1.1 to 1.2
- commit worked, so A moves rev nr from 1.1 to 1.2

At this point, your cvs client *thinks* your source is up-to-date,
because the highest rev is the same as online.  In reality, they're
different - your local copy is not indented.

- B changes foo.c
- B commits
- server runs gst-indent after moving rev nr from 1.2 to 1.3
- commit worked, so B moves rev nr from 1.2 to 1.3

Same problem for B, but nothing is noticeable yet.

- A changes foo.c
- A commits
- server notices out-of-date, so fails
- A runs cvs update
- cvs does a checksum, and notices your checksum doesn't match the 1.2
rev one, so deletes it.

The solution is simple; remove/update after committing.

So I added that to david's cicl script.  I attached the new version.
Shall we stick this in CVS ?

Thomas

Buffy ...
If I wanted to fight, you could tell