[gst-devel] GStreamer Plugins 0.8.3 "Water" released
Thomas Vander Stichele
thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Aug 2 08:28:07 CEST 2004
Release notes are attached.
Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://www.davedina.org/
<-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
Nobody cares when you're gone
<-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.fm/
-------------- next part --------------
GStreamer: Release notes for GStreamer Plugins?0.8.3 "Water"
The GStreamer team is happy to announce a new release
in the 0.8.x stable series of the GStreamer Plugins.
The 0.8.x series is a stable series aimed at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.6.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.6.x series.
This module contains plugins providing media encoding and decoding,
conversion, effects, and other elements that provide actual media
handling functionality to the core. You need the GStreamer core module
to make them work. The versions do not need to match exactly, as long
as all of them are in the 0.8.x series.
The FFmpeg-based decoder element has been moved to its own module. If you
want support for a lot of popular video formats, you need to install this
module along with the GStreamer Core and Plugins. An FFmpeg-based colorspace
element has been added to the Plugins however.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.6.x series
* New translation in this release: Czech
* New translation in this release: Hungarian
* Translations: af az cs en_GB hu nl sr sv uk
* pixel aspect ratio conversion
* tcpserversink fixes and additions
* oggdemux fixes
* theoraenc and theoradec fixes
* ximagesink and xvimagesink fixes
* ladspa fixes
* videoscale and ffmpegcolorspace fixes for stride
* mpeg and dvd fixes
* win32 project file additions
* new elements: playbin and decodebin
* new element: multifdsink
* new element: pngdec
* new element: alpha
* new element: multifilesink
Bugs fixed in this release
* 141906 : hang on removing ximagesink from a pipeline
* 142432 : Wrong sink MIME type in shout2send
* 143222 : [oggdemux] Optimize tag reading
* 143548 : Please update libtool to fix build on arm
* 143703 : duration always 0 for some (gst produced) .ogg files
* 144624 : wavenc doesn't close file properly
* 144753 : libgstinterfaces should be split, or: 'volume' should not...
* 144815 : [alsasink] gst_element_set_time_delay() assertion failure...
* 144866 : [flac] seeking broken, duration not set on buffers [PATCH]
* 144941 : alsasink assertion failure on ctrl+z and fg
* 145031 : totem CVS won't compile because of gst-play ...
* 145088 : gnome-volume-control has unlocalized volume names.
* 145118 : Compile error (gcc 2.95, alsa)
* 145336 : pipeline broke-stonecold
* 147969 : LADSPA plugin should sanitize the info from the .so's to ...
* 148021 : Bug in lib-riff
* 148023 : [ximagesink] doesn't work with Xnest
* 148043 : audioconvert
* 148289 : mad plugin crashes on Sun
* 148505 : [level] for silence peak is reported wrongly
* 148986 : [lame] bug in negotiation
You can find source releases of gst-plugins in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
The GConf settings have moved to a versioned location and can now be found
under /system/gstreamer/0.8. Applications should use the gconf library,
as provided by gstreamer-gconf-0.8.pc, to access the default settings.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Benjamin Otte
* Colin Walters
* David I. Lehn
* David Schleef
* Iain Holmes
* Jan Schmidt
* Johan Dahlin
* Julien Moutte
* Laszlo Dvornik
* Miloslave Trmac
* Ronald Bultje
* Sebastien Cote
* Steve Lhomme
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel