[gst-devel] Loop-based elements and pause state

Daniel Gazard dany42 at free.fr
Wed Aug 18 13:34:02 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have wrote a GStreamer loop-based plugin, i.e. an element that enter
into an infinite processing loop (by opposition to chain-based
plugin). Actually, it fits pretty well my needs however I have
problems when I set a pipeline that contains this plugin in pause
state. The issue there, is the plugin still remains executed and then
continues to push data to the next element in spite of the fact it is
in pause state.

So my questions are:

- Is it normal to have a loop-based plugin still executed when the
pipeline is in pause state or is it the schedular job to do not
execute it anymore?

- Should I implement a specific behavior to allow the plugin to be set
to pause state? (Actually I made a hack which consist in verifying
that I am not in pause before pushing data to my src pad and, if so, I
wait until the element change state but it lead me into deadlock
situations.)

Thanks in advance.