[gst-devel] Help with Helloworld app from developer manual

Tony Tsui ttsui9 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 04:39:11 CET 2004

Hi,

I was trying out the helloworld example application in the developer
manual however it doesn't seem to work for me.
(http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-helloworld.html)

This is the error I messages I receive:

$ ./example  boards_of_canada__roygbiv.ogg
(process:4709): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: file gstelement.c: line 941
(gst_element_set_time_delay): assertion `GST_IS_CLOCK (element->clock)'
failed

(process:4709): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: file gstelement.c: line 941
(gst_element_set_time_delay): assertion `GST_IS_CLOCK (element->clock)'
failed

No sound comes out and my CPU usage goes way up.

I know my Gstreamer install works because the file played fine using
gst-launch in the following way: gst-launch-0.8 filesrc
location=boards_of_canada__roygbiv.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! alsasink

I am using Fedora Core 3 and the install of GStreamer which comes with
that (gstreamer-0.8.7-3).

Thanks for any help.

Tony