[gst-devel] pipeline to play AVIs?

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Dec 22 02:02:02 CET 2004

Hi Paul,

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 18:12, Paul Jack wrote:
> I'm trying to learn how to construct gstreamer pipelines but I'm failing
> on the very first go.  I'm trying to play an AVI, and I'm getting the
> error "pushing data on non-negotiated pad not allowed."
[..]
> gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location="test.avi" ! avidemux name=demux ! { queue
> ! spider ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink } { demux. ! queue ! spider !
> osssink }

Have a look at the gst-launch-ext script in gst-plugins in CVS. It uses
this:

gst-launch filesrc location="test.avi" ! decodebin name=d { d. ! queue !
ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink } { d. ! queue ! audioconvert !
audioscale ! osssink }

You can later on decide to s/decodebin/elements/, e.g. for a DIVX4/5
file:

gst-launch filesrc location="test.avi" ! avidemux name=d { d.video_00 !
queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink } { d.audio_00 !
mad ! audioconvert ! audioscale ! osssink }

HTH,

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>