[gst-devel] reverted commits for release

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Feb 5 05:43:08 CET 2004

Hi,

I had to revert a few patches on the  latest memleak fixes in the core,
because they broke applications like jamboree, rhythmbox, as well as
vorbisfile/oggdemux plugins.

With the attached patch that I commited reverting some of those changes,
those apps work fine (RB has been playing here for two hours nonstop
from inside gdb) and I feel fit to release.

I just want to make sure this revert was ONLY done for the release,
should be re-reverted after the release and checked against applications
so it gets fixed properly.  But I didn't intend to slight anyone with
the revert, it's just for release purposes only.  I know it might still
leak because of this, but for this release I prefer leaking to outright
crashing.

Thomas

That's all changed for good
No more worries and doubts