[gst-devel] demux with spider?

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Feb 7 08:10:09 CET 2004

Hi Matt,

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 16:40, Mathew Spencer wrote:
> I am currently trying to write an MXF file demuxer with autoplug
> capabilities.

Sounds good!

> The problem I am running into is that the src caps for the demultiplexer
> are generated dynamicly after the stream metadata has been processed.
> This in turn means that the spider thinks that the demux has no src caps
> when it is trying to build the pipeline.

That's not an issue. Spider currently assumes caps are known before
autoplugging starts; for demuxers, this means that you should set caps
on pads before adding the pad to the element (that's when autoplugging
is initiated).

If you first add the pad to the element and then set caps, things go
wrong. I suppose I should add a note on this to the demux section of the
PWG...

Ronald